* 10 dives in open water, of which 5 dives in the range of 15-20 meters completed and confirmed in Logbook
* OWD certification or equivalent
* good health - completed health questionnaire before the start of the course
* completed Logbook
* for teenagers, the consent of a parent or legal guardian
Certification after the course
* globally recognized certification for Sidemount diving
* Special Diving Courses
Diving with at least one diving partner - "buddy".
"Buddy" is the worldwide name for a diving partner
Course / lesson section
* theory - instructor's explanation - according to the manual or presentation with a minimum range of 2 hours
* open water exercises with a diving device with a minimum range of 2 dives, where each of the dives must last at least 20 minutes bottom time
* final theoretical and practical exam with a minimum requirement of 80% passing score
Type of teaching
Theory + practical part
Practical teaching with diving device - mandatory diving equipment for the course
* diving ABCD - mask, snorkel, fins, neoprene boots
* buoyancy control device in sidemount configuration
* diving equipment appropriate to the conditions in which the training will take place - hood, gloves, etc.
* diving device in the sidemount configuration, i.e. lung regulator - two I. stages and two II. stages - primary with a hose length of 210 cm and secondary suspended on rubber under the chin, inflator hose, manometer, integrated weight system and pressure tank, or tanks filled with air or nitrox - up to 40% oxygen content
* 2 hours of theory + minimum 2 dives á 20 minutes
* Diving Instructor + Supervisor, i.e. Divemaster or Assistant Instructor or Assistant Divemaster
* the course is led by experienced diving instructors who focus on clear and safe training
The Sidemount Diver course is one of the specialized courses within our training system
Completion of the Sidemount Diver course is a prerequisite for participation in other diving courses from the portfolio of technical, medical, meditation, but also children's courses offered by DES.
In our Sidemount Diver course manual you will find all the necessary information for diving and also everything related to scuba diving for advanced divers.
All topics have a logical sequence, so that your learning is easy to remember and understand.
DIVING IS A PLEASURE
And in this spirit, your course will take place.
* introductory briefing, positive motivation, energization of the organism
* introduction to the basic points and limits of the lesson and course
* positive relaxation, preparation for practical exercises
* assembly - "equipment" of the diving device, subsequent check of the correctness of the assembly, complete set for diving
* putting on - "clothing" of the diving device by the diver, methodology, practical demonstration, repeated exercises
* buoyancy control device - "wing" - the basic element for the vertical movement of the diver
* pre-immersion preparation and entry into the water
* relaxation on the surface, exercise on the surface, work with positive buoyancy
* exercises with an inflator - air regulator in the buoyancy control device - air filling, air release. Positive, neutral and negative buoyancy
* water entry and submersion
* pressure equalization in the middle ear
* work with diving "shower" - II. stage of regulator
* removing the regulator from the mouth and returning back to the mouth
* breathing training - alternately from one and the second tank from the primary I. and secondary II. stages of regulator
* practical exercises of trim, movement under water, types of kicks - crawl, frog kick
* Out of Air situation training - OOA - diver without air
* sharing regulator by swimming, with subsequent ascend
* crisis situations - Free Flow training - air leakage from the primary II. stage of regulator
* final debriefing
* upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an internationally valid
diving certification of the Sidemount Diver
Sidemount diver certification entitles you to
* dive with Sidemount configuration
Self-study before and during the course
You will find all study materials in the e-learning section of the des.blue website
We offer training program for closed and corporate groups.
You can complete training dives with us according to your wishes in the
Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Croatia, Egypt, Malta etc.
DIVING IS A PLEASURE
Do you think about to buy your diving equipment?
We suggest following BRANDS